Location: Dallas, Texas
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Summary: SPARK! Creator Studio will combine the equipment of a MakerSpace with the technology of a Computer Lab and the materials in a Tinker Studio. The Creator Studio manager will lead the development and implementation of the Creator Studio by creating all curriculum and guiding students through projects during the open hours of the studio.
- Develop curriculum and structure for program in response to youth interests
- Develop and lead workshops
- Help Creator Studio members develop projects
- Recruit, train and support volunteer mentors
- Provide community outreach in support of the Creator Studio program
- Provide basic equipment maintenance
- Assist SPARK! in fundraising and publicity for the Creator Studio
- Support youth in pursuing academic and career opportunities
- Creative individual
- Bachelor’s degree in education, engineering or instructional technology
- 2-3 years professional experience
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Experience with 3D Printers, MIT Scratch, MakeCode and other related equipment and programs.
- Desire and ability to work with children
- Able to organize and prioritize work
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
- Able to work successfully across departments
- Maintain a consistently high level of quality
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S
- This job description is not all–inclusive and subject to change without prior written and/or verbal notifications.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org