Location: Evanston, Il, USA
Founded in 1971, Youth & Opportunity United (Y.O.U.) is a youth development agency that provides services and leadership to meet the emerging needs of young people and their families in the communities we serve. Y.O.U. currently offers a range of year-round services – from afterschool enrichment and mentorship to clinical counseling and crisis intervention – that empower more than 1,500 young people annually.
Y.O.U.seeks to develop a dynamic Makerspace for our youth and families within the community. The Maker Manager will develop, facilitate, and support programming in Y.O.U.’s new, state-of-the-art Makerspace. The Makerspace provides a venue to engage youth in learning experiences in the digital arts, technology, engineering, and science. The Maker Manager will work closely with Y.O.U.’s Directors of out-of-school time programming and with the Y.O.U. Manager of Strategic Partnerships to strengthen STEAM program options.
Summary of Role:
- Develop STEAM programming and ensure that it addresses the needs of our youth.
- Manage external maker related partnerships.
- Implement curriculum that follows Y.O.U. standards, communicates with parents, and maintains a safe and nurturing environment for the children.
- Collaborate with key employees to drive Y.O.U. goals.
- Design and facilitate maker and STEAM programs for elementary, middle school and high school aged youth.
- Ensure programs meet the needs and interests of students, offer a variety of programs and incorporate our youth development strategies.
- Develop and strategize program curriculum to tie into our impact goals.
- Monitor the quality of STEAM programs to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage all aspects of the daily operation and use of the Makerspace.
- Ability to engage in reflective practice including setting goals to further Y.O.U.’s mission.
- Collaborate with and support program teams in the development of new Makerspace programming.
- Manage the delivery of programs, including learning experiences for Y.O.U. programs and community relations.
- Manage the training of all staff, volunteers, interns, and guests on the use of the Makerspace software, computers and manufacturing equipment.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners and organizations.
- Provide basic technical support for Makerspace hardware and software. (Note: Y.O.U. has IT support for deeper needs, but is seeking someone with day-to-day problem-solving abilities.)
- Serve as a liaison with internal staff and external program partners.
- Acts as a key spokesperson of the organization in the community.
- Maintain departmental responsibilities (meetings, email, phone, etc.).
- Positively reflect Y.O.U.’s mission, vision, and values.
Apply today at the following link: https://youevanston.wufoo.com/forms/z1953e9h0sh6ime/