If you are a creative thinker with an interest in museum education, Baylor University welcomes you to apply for our Maker Education Coordinator position with the Mayborn Museum. To learn more about the position, please continue reading below. To apply, please click here.
The Maker Education Coordinator is responsible for engaging the Baylor and Waco communities in programs that invite participants of all ages to learn by doing as they tinker and create using science, engineering, technology and art:
- Passion and knowledge about the use of technologies to support creative, engaging learning
- Experience in developing innovative and novel content for informal settings.
- Proficient with personal computers, online computing systems, databases and other office equipment.
- Enjoy working with the general public.
- Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the workday schedule, including evenings and weekends.
A Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work experience is required. A Master’s degree in the field of Science Education and four years of relevant work experience are preferred.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
View the full position description: Maker Education Coordinator. Please submit an on-line application at http://jobs.baylor.edu/postings/5516 along with a cover letter and resume.
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.