Innovation Space Facilitator – North Iowa Area Community College
The NIACC Innovation Space mission is to transform our region by fueling economic development, accelerating innovative thinking, and increasing project-based learning opportunities to enrich the lives of all regional stakeholders including NIACC students, faculty, entrepreneurs, small business owners, and community members.
For more information and to apply, click here
Basic Function: The successful candidate will play a critical role in the growth of our innovation ecosystem by holding responsibility for supervising the day-to-day operations of the innovation space including safety, training, use of equipment, and access to the space. This position leads events/event creation for small business owners, 9-14 students and faculty to learn and connect to business, industry, STEM careers and potential internships. Serves as a resource for entrepreneurs and all stages of businesses in the North Iowa region and develops technical training opportunities as well as training and certifications for small business owners and employees.
Collaborate with NIACC faculty to assist in creating opportunities for project-based learning, developing the entrepreneurial mindset and to fulfill the project-based learning objectives for the Title III Grant. May require some evening activities.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related field. Experience with 9-12 or higher education teaching, and/or employee/faculty training, and/or curriculum development. A track record for being able to set a vision and strategy; organize and lead teams; and execute grants and projects to meet and exceed expectations. Proven ability to develop professional, creative, innovative curriculum and maintain knowledge of the latest trends in technology and advanced manufacturing training and development. Demonstrated ability to cultivate trust and willingness amongst colleagues and clients together with a reputation for high personal integrity.
Preferred: Master’s degree with high school grades 9-12 or higher education teaching experience, and experience developing new curriculum and training materials. 3-5 years industry experience in setup, maintenance, and operations of 3D printing, machining, fabrication, and woodworking equipment. Experience with SolidWorks, or computer aided design (CAD) software.
– Oversee the day-to-day operations of the innovation space including safety, training, use of equipment, and access to the space; track and maintain software, equipment, and materials inventory (3D printing, laser cutting and etching, CNC, electronics & soldering, etc.)
– Develop budgets, reports, and key metrics that reflect the innovation space core mission & objectives, and maintain files/records for the grant activities and department budget.
– Exist as a resource for entrepreneurs and all stages of businesses in the North Iowa region; develop technical training opportunities, training and certifications for small business owners and employees.
– Develop programs to prepare 9-14 students for the workforce of tomorrow [CTE]. Meet the immediate and longer-term workforce needs of the industries critical to North Iowa’s economy by developing work/project based learning opportunities.
– Work with NIACC Continuing Education and Career/Tech Division to develop stackable certificates targeted to prepare existing workforce for advanced manufacturing in the areas of Industry 4.0/Cybersecurity and Manufacturing 4.0.
– Assist with completion and collection of Safety Data forms and required inspection rotations for equipment. Assist with maintaining compliance with SDS requirements.
– Monitor/assist/report on the progress of USDA RBDG objectives and outcomes.
– Monitor/assist/report on the progress of Title III goals, objectives, and implementation of strategies; collaborate with stakeholders on providing professional development to faculty for course redesign and for successful execution of the Title III strategies.
– Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, faculty, and other NIACC stakeholders.
Perform in a manner that strengthens the coordination and cooperation of all organizational components of the College, including opportunities for student recruitment.
NIACC Core Principles: All employees are expected to adhere to all NIACC policies and procedures. NIACC administration, faculty, and staff value a positive working environment of mutual respect; therefore, all employees are to maintain a positive attitude and respect for others when working with all NIACC departments, employees, students, partners, and the public.