This Jobs Board is intended for employment opportunities related to educational makerspaces around the world. Please make sure to include job title, location, contact email and link to full job description. Click to submit a job.
Location: Teaneck, NJ, USA
About the Position: The middle school math and science teacher will deliver integrated STEM-oriented instruction using project-based learning methods. S/he will create and implement high quality, engaging project-based, multi-disciplinary instructional units aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Mathematical reasoning and skill development will be enhanced through the connections made to earth, life and physical science. Students will learn to think, speak, write and behave like mathematicians and scientists through repeated exposure to the scientific inquiry and the application of skills.
About Our School: Yeshivat He’Atid is a yeshiva day school in Bergen County that is re-envisioning the Jewish day school classroom to incorporate 21st century educational approaches. We are committed to excellence in Judaic and secular studies. In September 2017, we will begin to expand our successful, innovative school by adding a sixth-grade class. Our cutting-edge middle school model will be based on an integrated curriculum that is delivered in an authentic, project-based foundation that will emphasize applied problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaboration. Students will also be supported by the creative and genuine use of technology that will enable every student to have their individual needs met. All of this will take place in our warm, nurturing environment that recognizes the unique needs of the adolescent learner.
We aim to hire outstanding educators who will help us develop and grow our brand new middle school. This is a very exciting and singular opportunity for energetic, highly motivated educators to get in on the ground floor of the “future” of Jewish education.
Compensation and Benefits: Yeshivat He’Atid offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit to learn more about the benefits of working at Yeshivat He’Atid. Yeshivat He’Atid is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Evanston, Il, USA
Founded in 1971, Youth & Opportunity United (Y.O.U.) is a youth development agency that provides services and leadership to meet the emerging needs of young people and their families in the communities we serve. Y.O.U. currently offers a range of year-round services – from afterschool enrichment and mentorship to clinical counseling and crisis intervention – that empower more than 1,500 young people annually.
Y.O.U.seeks to develop a dynamic Makerspace for our youth and families within the community. The Maker Manager will develop, facilitate, and support programming in Y.O.U.’s new, state-of-the-art Makerspace. The Makerspace provides a venue to engage youth in learning experiences in the digital arts, technology, engineering, and science. The Maker Manager will work closely with Y.O.U.’s Directors of out-of-school time programming and with the Y.O.U. Manager of Strategic Partnerships to strengthen STEAM program options.
Summary of Role:
- Develop STEAM programming and ensure that it addresses the needs of our youth.
- Manage external maker related partnerships.
- Implement curriculum that follows Y.O.U. standards, communicates with parents, and maintains a safe and nurturing environment for the children.
- Collaborate with key employees to drive Y.O.U. goals.
- Design and facilitate maker and STEAM programs for elementary, middle school and high school aged youth.
- Ensure programs meet the needs and interests of students, offer a variety of programs and incorporate our youth development strategies.
- Develop and strategize program curriculum to tie into our impact goals.
- Monitor the quality of STEAM programs to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage all aspects of the daily operation and use of the Makerspace.
- Ability to engage in reflective practice including setting goals to further Y.O.U.’s mission.
- Collaborate with and support program teams in the development of new Makerspace programming.
- Manage the delivery of programs, including learning experiences for Y.O.U. programs and community relations.
- Manage the training of all staff, volunteers, interns, and guests on the use of the Makerspace software, computers and manufacturing equipment.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners and organizations.
- Provide basic technical support for Makerspace hardware and software. (Note: Y.O.U. has IT support for deeper needs, but is seeking someone with day-to-day problem-solving abilities.)
- Serve as a liaison with internal staff and external program partners.
- Acts as a key spokesperson of the organization in the community.
- Maintain departmental responsibilities (meetings, email, phone, etc.).
- Positively reflect Y.O.U.’s mission, vision, and values.
Apply today at the following link: https://youevanston.wufoo.com/forms/z1953e9h0sh6ime/
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
TRAINING AND COMMUNITY SPECIALIST, MIT Innovation Initiative (MITii), to aid the program director in conceiving, formulating, implementing, and improving elements of MIT’s makersystem. This includes identification of new equipment and technologies, new making activities and programs, educational materials/techniques for classes and training, the design and management of MIT’s new and flagship makerspaces, and the formation and sustaining of maker communities. The position will involve using extensive knowledge of safety, manual and CNC/digital fabrication equipment/technology, design, best making practices, and creative and innovative approaches. Will serve in a key role in Project Manus’ efforts to improve the student experience at MIT, including inside and outside of the classroom. Will also support Project Manus’ contributions to the nascent Higher Education Maker Consortium and the activities and programs of the Higher Education Makerspace Initiative.
Application closing date Monday 27 March, 12pm
Location: Palos Verdes, USA
Chadwick School is seeking a Makerspace and Robotics teacher to start in the 2017-18 school year.The position includes
- Grades K-6 Makerspace, including collaborative work with classroom teachers
- Grades 7 and 8 STEM electives such as Robotics
- Grades 9-12 VEX Robotics team coachThe ideal applicant should have some experience working with elementary school students and with teenagers, and should have some background in STEM and coding.