This Jobs Board is intended for employment opportunities related to educational makerspaces around the world. Please make sure to include job title, location, contact email and link to full job description. Click to submit a job.
The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching the next generation of designers and engineers how to turn their imaginations into real products. Join our team of Technical Instructors to create and support our maker workshops, where designers and engineers make the products of the future. Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth invites applications for a Technical Instructor in our Instructional Design/Maker/Machine Shops.
To apply, please visit https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/43028.
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA
Hillel Day School of Metropolitan Detroit, an early childhood through grade 8 independent school located in Farmington Hills Michigan, seeks a MakerSpace Instructor who is innovative, tech-savvy, has a firm grasp on teaching pedagogy, and is able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Facilitate hands-on projects with student and team-teach with classroom teachers in the MakerSpace
- Manage equipment upkeep
- Plan and lead professional development programming and workshops for faculty
- Assist related clubs and other extra-curricular programming (occasional weekend and evening commitments as needed)
- Inspire curiosity, creativity and innovation with a “can do” attitude
- Value the individual learner, guiding him/her on a personal learning path
- Plan, prepare, deliver, and model instructional lessons that facilitate a maker mindset and use design thinking
- Assist in managing digital projects and support technology integration
- Assist in grant-writing for IDEA Collaborative
- Help implement safety, trainings, and maintenance in the MakerSpace
- You can identify as a teacher, designer, inventor, scientist, or scholar – any combination – as long as you make things that matter and work well with students and fellow educators
- Candidates should be willing to take risks, look for opportunities to integrate disciplines in authentic and meaningful ways to make a difference in the world
- Experience working with children and young teens
- Enthusiasm for exploring new trends using media, design, and digital fabrication tools and software
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in inquiry-based learning and cooperative learning with a focus on a student-centered approach
- Knowledge of CNC machine, laser cutter, 3D printers, power tools, electronics, sewing machine
- Handle physical demands of the job
- Understand current educational technology as a means to support best practices
- Proven experience with interdisciplinary and innovative curricular design and partnership
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preference in education or STEAM-related field.To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Location: East Palo Alto, CA, USA
Ravenswood City School District has 7 public school sites, each with a staffed and equipped Makerspace. We serve students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
We are looking for a makerspace tinkerer for next year! We have weekly team professional development (where we share resources and support),. We also get resources and support through our research and collaboration with Stanford University. We are a very quirky and welcoming team and would love to have another tinkerer join us and help build our program. In addition to working with amazing students, you get to work with amazing tools and materials!
Here is a link to more information about our program and district: http://www.ravenswoodmakerspaces.org/
And a link to the job on Edjoin: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/920360
Location: San Jose, California USA
Silicon Valley Educational Foundation
The Program and Technology Manager will work closely with the Program Director to implement and operate the 49ers STEM Leadership Institute at the High School level (9-12th grades).
See job description here.
Location: Ojai, California, USA
Full Time Teaching/Facilitating Position: Rock Tree Sky Learning Community is a K-12 enrichment center for homeschooling families with 50+ students located in Ojai, California. The program’s philosophy is based on self-directed education and democratic schooling, in which children are free to choose their curriculum on a daily basis. Our time is split between a makerspace and a farm. There are no classrooms but instead workshops where children may engage in a variety of creative activities and learning opportunities. We are seeking a full-time teacher to work closely with our Roots children – K-3 grade – and also with older students as there are no enclosed classrooms.
We are looking for a teacher with at least several years of experience working with young children, and with an interest in democratic, self-directed education. In addition to offering learning opportunities in basic academic and social skills for K-3, teachers are asked to share special interests like art, music, other languages, sewing, cooking, outdoor skills, computer science, etc. with students of all ages. It is important to be comfortable with all ages, K-12. Teacher certification is a plus though not required.
Rock Tree Sky provides a unique environment where students are trusted and seen as inherently self-motivated to learn about their world and become successful adults. Play is valued at all ages. Teachers facilitate learning opportunities that students can choose to participate in. Children may also choose other projects or forms of play.
The Roots teacher will be working in partnership with Inspire Charter School – a public charter school for homeschooling families that provides public funding for enrichment programs like Rock Tree Sky. An important part of this position is helping to make students’ learning visible to families and charter schools through taking pictures, documenting observations and conversations, and supporting older students in maintaining portfolios.
Visit us on the web at rocktreesky.org for more information about the program. Position is open until filled. To apply or learn more about the position please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org