October 14th – 16th, 2016
Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
FABLEARN 2016: 6th Annual Conference on Creativity and Making in Education
In-Cooperation with Association for Computing Machinery, Special Interest Group on Computer Human Interaction (ACM SIGCHI)
Conference theme – Diversity in Making: People, Projects, & Powerful Ideas
The FabLearn Conference brings together key influencers and thought-leaders from around the world in education, policy-making, academia, design, research, and maker communities to learn, present, and discuss digital fabrication in education, the maker culture, hands-on learning, and instructional tools.
The three-day conference features:
- World-renowned keynote speakers,
- Panels of cutting-edge researchers and educators,
- Demonstrations of the latest technology, and
- Immersive hands-on workshops.
The conference has two primary goals:
- Establishing the current “state of the field” by gathering information about the work conducted by those in the field, and
- Disseminating information about best practices and tools, and connecting researchers with practitioners, policy-makers, and pioneering educators.